This is the first Indian treat that I made by myself.
When my mum makes this there is always a fight, especially if my uncle from East London is in town and my always ALWAYS hides the pie away just for him.
But not anymore, now I cake make it over and over again and take a million pictures of myself eating it and sending it to him… lol… I am sooo mean I tell you 🙂
- 1 x cup chopped spinach.
- ¾ x cup cooking oil.
- 1 x cup milk.
- ¾ x tsp ginger and garlic.
- 1 x cup tasty wheat.
- ½ x cup chana flour.
- ½ x cup cake flour.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 1 x tsp salt.
- ½ x tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 x tsp masala.
- ½ x tsp baking powder.
- 2 x tsp normal white sugar.
- 1 x can (420g) cream style sweet corn.
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle over the top.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients one by one and mix between each each ingredient.
- Mix well and make sure that everything is well combined and that there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a greased square dish, sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top and pop into a pre heated oven.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until the tooth comes out clean and the top is nice and golden brown with a few cracks in.