I love watching the Food network channel especially The Pioneer women and Barefoot contessa.
I try to replicate a lot of the recipes I see on the shows, what is life if you don’t actually those recipes you watch?
I have been dying to try out crostini, ever since I saw it being made on Julia and Julie, but all the recipes I have come across have been so complicated, until I saw this simple recipe on the early morning episode I happened to watch.
I of course deconstructed the recipe and then recreated it to become more Indian.
- 250g x cream cheese, at room temperature.
- 250g x crumbled feta cheese.
- 2/3 x cups olive oil.
- 1 x lemon, juiced squeezed out.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning.
- 2 x tsp garlic and ginger paste.
- 2 x tbsp. white wine vinegar.
- 2 x pounds cherry tomatoes.
- 3 x tbsp. chopped coriander.
- 2 x tbsp. pine nuts.
- Tabasco sauce.
- Sliced green chillies.
- French loaf.
- Cut the French loaf into diagonal slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and pop into a preheated oven to bake for 5 minutes at 180 degrees till the bread is nice and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a blender, add the cream cheese, 1/3 x cup olive oil, the garlic and ginger, feta cheese.
- Blender till nice and smooth and well blended.
- Using a butter knife, spread generous amounts of the mixture onto the toasted slices.
- In a bowl, add the quartered cherry tomatoes, the vinegar, the remaining oil olive and the lemon juice. Mix and allow to set for 10 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the mixture onto each slice of toast.
- Sprinkle the sliced green chillies over the top.
- Dash some tabasco over the top.
- Add the pine nuts.
- Finally sprinkle chopped coriander over the top and season well.