I like to try new things for breakfast, of course that is the dream, most mornings I just have enough energy to roll out of bed and roll into car.
Breakfast is an energy drink while stuck in traffic, if I am that lucky, otherwise I just starve away till lunch time.
I came across another one of Madhur Jaffrey’s cook books where she has an entire selection on eggs. I came across her recipe for a 2 egg Indian omelette and I knew I had to try it out.
Seeing as breakfast is the most important meal of the day and well who wants to have a blue Monday?
- 2 x eggs, whisked together with a splash of milk.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- ¼ x tsp mustard seeds.
- ¼ x tsp jeera seeds.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 3 x cherry tomatoes, diced.
- Dash of cayenne pepper.
- 1 x tbsp. chopped coriander.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add the seeds and when they start to pop.
- Add the tomatoe and onions, cayenne pepper, coriander and season well.
- Allow the onions to saute till transparent and the tomatoes are soft.
- Pour he egg mixture over, tilt the pan so that the egg mixture covers the entire pan.
- Cover with a lid and allow to fry till cooked.