There are not a lot of things that my parents don’t eat, these short list of no no foods never gets made in the house, because I can’t also eat everything my eyes see J
Apple curry seems to be the one thing that I love, every temple service I am always dishing up piles of it on my plate, but my parents will never touch it.
I tried googling the recipe, I tried asking around and well google has no idea what I am talking about and the people I ask, well they gave me a page long list of ingredients and the method was even longer.
I mentioned in passing to my dad that I really wished out late priest’s was still alive so I could at least phone a friend when I needed a recipe… he used to help her cook in the temple so he was willing to help me out.
My dad actually made it in the blink of an eye and it only consisted on 5/6 ingredients… who needs google when you have daddy dearest.
- 2 x granny smith apples, cored and cut into slices.
- 3 x tbsp. normal white sugar.
- 2 x dry chillies, chopped.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- A couple of cinnamon sticks.
- Salt to season.
- ¼ x tsp poppy seeds.
- Heat some oil in a pot.
- Add the mustard seeds, cinnamon sticks and chopped up dry chillies.
- As soon as the mustard seeds start to pop, add the onions and salt and saute till transparent.
- Add the apple slices and sugar, mix well so that everything is nicely coated.
- Cover and allow to cook till the apple is soft. You can add a little water, if the food starts to stick.