I have had a caprese salad before. I was watching and episode of Sex and the city and they were eating it, sooooo seeing as I was a huge fan way back in the day, I decided to try it out.
I loved it, okay maybe I liked it to a certain point and then along the way I got tired of the basil leaves, then the tomatoes and finally I just stopped eating the salad all together.
While I was reading one of Mary Berry’s recipe books, I came across a recipe for avocado caprese salad.
At first, I didn’t want to make it and then after a long debate with myself, I decided oh what the heck, I have two ripe avocadoes in the fridge, I might as well make it.
The end result, was mind blowing, from the appearance to the taste.
It tasted soo much different to the normal caprese salad that I had given up soo long ago.
- 4 x tomatoes, thickly sliced.
- Salt and pepper.
- 250g x mozzarella, cut into rounds.
- 2 x avocadoes, sliced.
- 2 x tbsp. lemon juice.
- 4 x tbsp. olive oil.
- Basil sprigs
- Place tomatoe slices in a bowl and toss with some seasoning and set aside.
- In another bowl, toss the avocado slices and lemon juice together and set aside.
- On a platter arrange the tomatoe slices and cheese slices together.
- Place the avocadoe slices ontop of the salad.
- Sprinkle basil springs over the top.
- Finally drizzle the olive oil over the top of the salad.