Every year we have a year end braai, last year my boss had enough faith in me to allow me to make the salads.
This year when the braai came around I was in charge of the salads and of course my old favourite job, buttering ALL those rolls… who knew that buttering rolls could take for ever and be so stressful???
This year, I decided to try my hand at making baked beans salad, there was no specific recipe that I followed, I just went with my feeling… a little of this, a pinch of the that a sprinkle of this and so forth.
It tasted delicious, even if I have to say so myself and it didn’t last that long.
- 6 x 420g tins bake beans with tomatoe sauce.
- 2 x red onions, chopped.
- 1 x green pepper, chopped.
- 1 x red pepper, chopped.
- 2 x tbsp. white wine vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- In a bowl, pour the bake beans with the sauce.
- Add all the chopped ingredients mix well.
- Season nicely and give another good mix.
- Pop into the fridge to chill for an hour and serve with braai meat.