I love this pie… I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper and even as a mid night snack.
When I first heard about this pie I thought it would be so complicated, when in fact it is really simple and doesn’t even need to be baked in the oven.
- 1 x 200g packet of tennis biscuits, crushed.
- 100g x melted rama margarine.
- 1 x 380g tin of caramel.
- 3 x bananas, peeled and sliced.
- 250g x cream, whipped till soft peaks can be formed.
- Flake and some toffee sauce – for decorating the top.
- In a bowl, mix the crushed tennis biscuits with the melted margarine.
- Pour into a greased dish and gentle press the mixture down and spread evenly along the bottom of your dish to create your base.
- Pour the caramel into a dish and heat in the microwave till it is nice and soft and pouring consistency.
- Pour the caramel over the biscuit base.
- layer your sliced bananas ontop of the caramel layer.
- Evenly spread the whipped cream over the top.
- Grate the flake over the cream and drizzle some toffee sauce.
- Pop into the fridge and allow to chill for an hour.