Since I have discovered that they make slider rolls at the bakery down the road from me, I am obsessed with making slider fillings.
Who knew such a thing existed and would you believe me if I told you that there are a couple of my recipe books that actually have sections just dedicated to slider fillings???
So when I discovered these beauties at the bakery, I ran home dying to try out some fillings.
Today I tried my hand at making BBQ chicken sliders.
- Left over chicken, shredded.
- 1 x cup BBQ sauce.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 1 x onion, sliced thinly.
- Grated cheese.
- ¼ x cup chopped parsley.
- Slide each bun into half and butter the inside of both buns.
- Mix the chicken with the sauce, parsley and season well.
- Spoon the chicken filling between the two bun halves.
- Top with the grated cheese and top with a sliced onion.
- Cover the filling with the other half of the bun.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees till the top of the roll is nice and golden brown.