I love this braised pumpkin.
I seem to be the only one who can eat the entire dish come prayer time.
When I first made it, it was like pumpkin soup because I added so much water. But now that I know you supposed add only a little at a time I have become an expert on this recipe.
- 1 x packet of pumpkin cubes.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- Sugar to taste.
- 1/4x tsp mustard seeds.
- 1 x piece of cinnamon stick.
- 1 blob of margarine.
- 1 x tsp white sugar.
- Melt the margarine and sauté the onions till transparent.
- Add the mustard seeds, and allow to fry for about 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the pumpkin cubes and cover.
- Cook on a low heat until soft.
- Add a little water if necessary to prevent the pumpkin from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- When the pumpkin is soft, use your fork to mash and mix to resemble mashed potatoe.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle sugar over the top as well as the cinnamon powder.