They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but in my case it is the most stressful meal of the day.
From the moment I open my eyes, I always seem to be running late, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that I sleep through all 8 of my alarm clocks. Yes, I have tried putting it across the room from my bed, no luck there, I just get up put the alarms off and climb back into bed and then wake up late.
So when I come across breakfasts that I can make ahead of time and just reheat in the morning. I grab them with both hands and I do not look back.
I can’t remember where I came across this recipe, but boy was I excited when I did.
This recipe is super easy to make, requires a few mixes and some chops here and there, but all the hard work is done in the oven.
My dad loved it, so did I but the fact that my dad loved it, speaks volumes. He is one fussy eater.
- 1 x potatoes, thinly sliced and fried till cooked.
- 9 x slices of bacon.
- 5 x eggs and 2 extra whisked together with a little milk.
- ½ x cup frozen peas.
- 6 x cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 2 x tbsp. parsley, finely chopped.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- Line each muffin hole with baking paper.
- Place a fried potatoe on the bottom of each holder.
- Wrap the bacon around the side of the casings.
- Crack an egg into each casing.
- Divide the peas and tomatoes between each muffin hole.
- Mix together the whisked eggs with parsley and season generously.
- Pour this mixture evenly between the muffin casings.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.