This is a dish best enjoyed with roti, where you can use the roti to wipe up the gravy.
You can if you want to use a tin of plain butter beans, but I find it tastes better and there are way more loads of gravy if you use the curried tin of butter beans.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- salt to taste.
- a few curry leaves.
- 1 x 420g tin Curried flavoured butter beans.
- 1/2 x tsp dhania powder.
- 1/2 x tsp jeera powder.
- 1/4 x tsp tumeric powder.
- 1 x tsp Bombay delight masala.
- Heat some oil in a pot, add the onions and curry leaves.
- Saute till the onions are transparent.
- Add the spices and salt and allow to dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and mix well.
- Allow the water mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the tin of butter beans and the gravy from the tin.
- Cover and allow to cook on a medium heat till the gravy thickens.