These little beauties are my mother’s speciality. Everyone knows her for those butterfly cupcakes.
She would make them for every birthday party, my gran loved them. I loved to watch her make them and wish with all my tiny heart that she would leave me enough cream to lick out the bowl or maybe the top of the cupcakes.
I was watching Mary Berry teach her grandchild how to make them and I really wanted to try it out. Of course I used my own recipe, since it had to be eggless.
My mum’s cupcake recipe has eggs in so it was a no go.
She helped me cut out the circle rounds, since they had to be cut at an angle and I was cutting them too small… well I mean in my defence that is how it looked like on tv.
What you will need:
- A dozen cupcakes
- Sweet whipped cream.
- Chopped cherries
- Icing sugar for dusting
How to assemble the cupcakes:
- Cut a circle out of the top of each cupcake.
- Pipe the whipped cream into the center.
- Cut the circle rounds in half, this will form the wings, place back to onto the top of the cream.
- Place the cherry in the centre.
- Finally dust with icing sugar.