With the month long fast of Purtassi upon us and the Navartri fast around the corner and Diwali after that, my mind hasn’t really been focused on breakfast, it is more on sweetmeats. It is that time, when all the recipes have to be tried and tested and tested again and decorated differently for Diwali.
A couple of mornings back my dad was complaining that he is tired of eating All bran flakes his regular enough.
Tired of his complaining, since men do complain more I decided to make something of substance for his breakfast plate.
I remember reading about an omelette that had micro greens and whenever I go to the store I always forget to buy microgreens, but somehow there was a container with microgreens in them, hint hint that was a sign that I should try this omelette.
My dad was like what is this salad his eating, he can be sooo dramatic, it wasn’t even a teaspoon of greens just a scattering. I think he was wearing his reading glasses when he saw the breakfast and everything was magnified if you ask me.
- 30g x grated Cheddar cheese.
- 30g x grated Monterey jack cheese.
- 3 x slices of bacon, fried.
- ½ x avocado, sliced.
- ¼ x cup salso.
- A handful of microherbs.
- 2 x eggs, whisked together with 1 x tbsp. cream.
- ½ x Tbsp butter.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and season nicely.
- Allow to egg mixture to cook till it starts to get firm, but it is still runny.
- Sprinkle the cheese ontop of the egg and allow it to melt.
- Fry the omelette till it is firm to the touch and flip onto a plate.
- Fill half of the egg with the bacon slices, avocado, salsa and microherbs.
- Flip the other half of the omelette over to cover the filling.