The other night I was watching Nadiyah’s family favourites on Food Network and I saw her making pakoras.
Recently I have discovered the fascinating world of pakoras and whenever I come across a recipe I just have to try it out.
This original recipe contained 2 eggs, but you know me, I converted it into a vegan option by opting for 2 vegan eggs instead of 2 medium eggs.
I was a bit sceptical of this recipe because I am not a huge raison fan and of course I thought it would explode as the pakora was frying, but everything went off well there was no raison explosion.
The side dip of cream cheese was just mind blowing.
My parents were over the moon by this recipe they could not stop nibbling it and dipping it in the sauce.
- 300g x carrots, peeled and grated.
- 50g x walnuts, roughly chopped.
- 50g x raisons.
- 150g x self raising flour, sifted.
- ½ x tsp baking powder.
- 20 g x castor sugar.
- 1 x tsp mixed spice.
- 2 x vegan eggs.
- Icing sugar for dusting
- In a bowl, mix carrots, walnuts and raisons together.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix till everything is well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the mixture and drop in boiling oil.
- Deep fry for a couple of minutes till the pakoras are nice and golden.
- Drain on a paper towel, once cooled sprinkle icing sugar over the top.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 100 x butter at room temperature.
- 100 x cream cheese at room temperature.
- 4 x tbsp. icing sugar.
- 2 x tbsp. maple syrup.
- Pinch of salt.
- Pinch of mixed spice
- Whisk together in a bowl till nice and smooth.