Believe it or not. I actually came across this recipe by mistake. I originally set out to make carrot pickle and it didn’t go according to plan, but I carried on with the recipe and here we are.
I love this salad, whenever I made it, there is never left overs.
- 3 x carrots, grated.
- 1 x tbsp. cooking oil.
- 1 x tsp mustard seeds.
- 1 x tsp cumin seeds.
- ½ x tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 ½ x cup buttermilk/amasi
- Gentle fry the carrots in oil till they start to become soft.
- Add the seeds and continue to fry until the pop.
- Add the turmeric powder, stir will and take off the heat.
- Add the onion.
- Add the buttermilk and stir till the mixture is well combined.