This is my all time favourite dish… served with roti and a lekker patcha chutney there is no asking me to do anything till after I have eaten the entire pot by myself.
I prefer to use Koo butter beans as the All Gold butter beans takes for ever to cook soft.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 1 x tsp Bombay delight masala.
- 1 x tsp Chowmans masala.
- 1 x tsp Mixed masala.
- ½ x tsp jeera powder.
- ½ x tsp dhania powder.
- ½ x tsp garam masala.
- ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 x 420g tin Koo butter beans, water drained.
- 500g x mutton meat cut into cubes.
- Fresh dhania for garnish.
- 2 x tbsp. tomatoe paste.
- 1 x tbsp. ginger and garlic paste.
- Salt to taste.
- Heat some oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and sauté till transparent.
- Add the salt and ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well and add the masala’s, jeera powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder
- Mix so that the spices are mixed well.
- Add about a cup of water and the tomatoe paste.
- Mix and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the mutton cubes, cover and allow to cook till the meat is almost nice and tender.
- Add the drained butter beans, cover and allow to cook.
- You can add more water as the food cooks so that there is a nice juicy gravy.
- When the meat is nice and tender and the beans are soft, remove from the heat, sprinkle the garam masala over the top.
- Garnish with coriander .