Who doesn’t love chocolate cake and what a better combination than to have a chocolate cake that is covered in chocolate icing, filled with bits of chocolate, covered in chocolate ganache and if that isn’t enough chocolate the cake is topped with slabs of your favourite chocolate and chocolate popping candy is drizzled over the top.
- 2 x layers of chocolate cake.
- 1 x cup whipping cream.
- 2 x 80g slabs of Plain cadbury chocolate.
- A variety of different bars of chocolate – I used 11 but you can use as many as you like.
- Whispers and some popping candy sprinkles.
- Gold dust for sprinkling.
- Spread some chocolate icing on your plate that you will be using.
- Place the first layer ontop of the icing and press down gently to keep the cake in place.
- Ontop of the first layer spread a generous layer of chocolate icing.
- Take one of your bars of chocolate and roughly chop it up. I used a 5star chocolate and chopped it up. Place the chopped up chocolate ontop of the icing layer.
- Ice the top of your 2nd layer and place it icing side down onto of your chopped up chocolate layer.
- The cake should be 2 layers high. Take the rest of your icing and generously ice around the cake.
- Pop it into the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- In the mean time melt your 2x 80g plain chocolate slabs in a bowl either in the microwave on over a pot of boiling water.
- Once the chocolate has melted pour in a little cream at a time to get the consistency you would like. For a runnier ganache add more milk for a thicker ganache add a little milk. I used roughly half a cup of milk.
- Now comes the fun part.
- Take the cake out the fridge and place on the table.
- Remove your bars of chocolate from their packaging.
- Cut the bottom parts of the chocolate off and stick a toothpick into the bottom. Half the tooth must be in the chocolate and the other half must be sticking out.
- Spread your ganache over your cake and allow some to drip over the sides.
- Place the sticking out ends on the tooth picks into the cake this helps and prevents the chocolate bars from creating holes in the cake.
- Stick some whispers ontop the dripping ganache on the side of the cake and around the top of the cake as well.
- Sprinkle the popping candy sprinkles over the cake.
- Dust some gold dust over the top.
- Pop into the fridge for another 20 minutes to allow the ganache to set.