I love butter biscuits… I could eat an entire tin full by myself and still want more.
This is a family recipe that was passed down from my gran to my mom and she in turn passed is down to me.
This recipe makes roughly 10 – 12 dozen it all depends on the shapes that you make.
- 1 x tsp lemon essence.
- 2 x 100g x packets of jelly tots.
- 1 x cup icing sugar.
- 3/4 x cup cooking oil.
- 5 1/2 x cup cake flour.
- 500g x room temperature rama margarine.
- 1 x 80g slab plain Cadbury chocolate, melted.
- 1000’s sprinkles.
- cream the margarine till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon essence and beat.
- Add the icing sugar and beat.
- Add the cooking oil and beat till everything is well combined.
- Add one cup of cake flour at a time and mix using a big spoon.
- Once all the cake flour has been added, mix using your head bringing the mixture together till a nice soft dough is achieved.
- Break off portions and place into a biscuit gun using the disc below and pipe bisuits.
- Add jelly tots into the center and gently press down.
- Or place mixture into a pipping bag with the nozzle below attached and pipe.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly brown.
- Becareful as the biscuits cool down they become darker so make sure that the biscuits are lightly brown and not golden brown.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool, once cool, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle 1000’s over the top.