I am not a huge fan of sauces. I seldom order it, unless it is like part of the burger and they ask what sauce you would like on it or with chip or dip, but other than that, I steer far away from sauces.
When I make the crumbed chicken strips the other day, I wanted to dip them in something and I had some mushrooms just sitting in the fridge and I thought why not make mushroom sauce… who doesn’t love a good mushroom sauce???
I will tell you I was a bit freaked out while I made the sauce as I was using brown mushrooms and not white button mushrooms the sauce went brown I thought I was doing it wrong, but I stuck with it and what can I say.
- 250g x chopped, mushrooms.
- 2 x tbsp. rama margarine.
- 3 x tbsp. cake flour.
- 250ml x whipping cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- A handful of grated gouda cheese
- Heat the oil in the pot, add the chopped mushrooms.
- Fry till the mushrooms till they start to soften.
- Add the seasoning and stir.
- Add the flour and stir.
- Add the cream and mix.
- Allow to boil till the mixture starts to become thickish.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- Mix so that the cheese is nicely mixed.
- Allow to stand for about 5 minutes so that the cheese can melt in.
- Serve with your crumbed chicken strips.