I used to love when it was Eid, my gran used to make tons and tons of these.
No one could ever make it as good as she did. I finally came across her recipe and I tried it out.
This recipes makes roughly 5 dozen and the left over raw halfmoons, can be frozen until you have a craving for them.
- 500g x cubed chicken fillets.
- 1 x onion chopped.
- 1 x tsp salt.
- ½ x tsp black pepper.
- 1 x tsp jeera seeds.
- 2 x tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 x cup raw sweetcorn kernels.
- 1 x tbsp. corn flour.
- ½ x cup cream.
- Handful of chopped coriander.
- Heat some oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the cubed chicken fillets and cook on a low heat until almost cooked through.
- Add salt and sweet corn, allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the milk and the corn flour.
- Add this cream mixture to the chicken pot and stir well.
- Cook on a medium heat until mixture becomes stickish and dry.
- Remove from heat and add chopped coriander , mix and allow to cool.
Ingredients for dough:
- 4 x cups tap water.
- 4 x tbsp. rama margarine.
- 4 x cups cake flour.
- 4 x tsp baking powder.
- Bring the water and margarine to a boil.
- Add the cake flour and baking powder.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface and cut into rounds.
- Add the filling in the center and using your index finger, dab water around the edges of the round.
- Fold over and seal the edges.
- Dip in a mixture of beated egg and then roll in toasted bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil and enough.