I don’t know about you, but I love a deliciously delicious butter chicken curry .
I could eat it every day and straight out of the pot and then take a thick slice of bread and lap up all the delicious juices.
I was reading Madhur Jaffrey’s Vegetarian India cookbook and I saw a recipe for Indian butter chicken and it caught my attention, because since when is chicken classed as vegetarian, but after reading the recipe and seeing that there was indeed no chicken, I knew I had to give it a try.
My mother who hasn’t touched meat or chicken or fish since the beginning of the year was super impressed, she thought I really did put chicken in there.
- 1 x cup tomatoe puree.
- 1 x cup whipping cream.
- 2 x tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 x tsp garam masala.
- 2 x tsp lemon juice.
- ½ x tsp white sugar.
- 1 x green chilli, chopped.
- 1 ¼ x tsp salt.
- 1 x tsp masala.
- 1 x tsp jeera powder.
- 400g x paneer cheese, cubed.
- Fresh dhania to garnish.
- 4 x tbsp. Gorima’s butter chicken spice.
- Mix the tomatoe puree, cream, ginger and garlic, garam masala, lemon juice, sugar, chilli, masala and jeera powder together till well mixed and set aside.
- In a pot, heat some oil.
- Add the cubed paneer cheese and allow to fry till slightly golden brown all over.
- Add the sauce, mix and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Add the butter chicken spice give it a good stir, allow to cook till the sauce is to your liking.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped dhania.