I love these little beauties.
This was the first Indian savory treats that I learnt to make.
Most people like myself make it using the box mix, but there is a recipe out there which shows you how to make it from scratch, but I haven’t tried that recipe as yet.
- 1 x box chillibite mixture.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 1 x cup chopped spinach.
- enough water to create a drop consistency mixture. I used roughly 1.5 cups of water.
- In a bowl, add the chillibite mixture, the onion and the chopped spinach.
- Mix well.
- add the water, a little by little until you get a drop consistency.
- drop spoon fulls of mixture into hot oil and deep fry, until the outside in lightly brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.