I am not a huge fan of these. To tell you the truth, I haven’t had many of them to tell you honestly whether or not I like it.
I tried the KFC version once and it was okay, but it didn’t scream at me to try it again.
I came across this recipe in Nadiya’s cookbook and I thought why not give it a try. It was a quick dish that can be made in under 45 minutes, which is just perfect for my busy Saturday mornings.
I was busy speaking to someone the other day and he was telling me how he doesn’t seem to have enough time to do much anymore and I was telling him the same. Growing up, we had school , homework, afterschool activities, club sports and a family life and there was still enough time to get 8 hours of sleep. Now I just open my eyes and it’s a running start every morning. It feels like as soon as I finish breakfast its time for bed already… yes yes… I know I am being extremely dramatic here.
All in all it was still an okay dish. To me it just seemed weird to be having rice and a wrap together, but my dad seemed to have enjoyed it. The only complaint he had was please do not put a lot of cheese on it. He hates cheese all of a sudden. Wonder if it has anything to do with my quick and easy toasted cheese sandwich?
I am still doubtful if I would eat this again or not.
- 1 x tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 3 x cloves garlic, crushed.
- 500g x beef mince.
- 700g x passata.
- 1 x tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 x tbsp. cumin seeds.
- 1 x tsp chilli powder.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute till the onions are transparent.
- Add the mince and allow to brown, using a wooden spoon to break up any mince lumps.
- Add the passata, kidney beans, cumin and chilli powder.
- Give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- To assemble this layer a tortilla with some sour cream, grated cheese, mince filling and finely chopped coriander. Roll up and enjoy.