Every morning like clock work, my dad and I have eggs for breakfast, after all breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Its either scrambled or fired and if I manage to flip properly then there is cheese omelettes on the menu.
A while back I found Madhur Jefferys cook book in my collection and like Julia Child she had a section just dedicated to eggs.
This morning I decided to try making Chili Fried eggs from Sri Lanka, of course I added my twist by added bacon bits and swopping shallots for onions, also I flipped and fried my on both sides, where the recipe says the egg yolk is to be runny and the egg not to flipped.
It was quick and easy and perfect for a filling breakfast.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- Some bacon bits.
- 1 x tomatoe, chopped.
- 2 x green chillies chopped.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 x fresh eggs.
- In a bowl, mix the chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, chopped chillies and bacon bits.
- Bring a pan with some oil to the heat.
- Add the bowl contents and saute till the tomatoes are soft and the onions are transparent.
- Remove from the pan and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Leave the pan off the heat, this is very important, crack both eggs in the pan and then put the pan back on the heat.
- Allow the eggs to cook to your desired preference.
- Place the cooked eggs on a plate and place the grilled mixture over the eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy