This is my dad’s favourite dish. Although I am a not a huge fan of the greenpeppers.
I tend to use green peppers but when the going gets tough and they don’t stock green, then red will just have to do.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 1 x tsp Bombay delight masala.
- 1 x tsp Chowmans masala.
- 1 x tsp Mixed masala.
- ½ x tsp jeera powder.
- ½ x tsp dhania powder.
- ½ x tsp garam masala.
- ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
- 500g x mutton chops.
- Fresh dhania for garnish.
- 2 x tbsp. tomatoe paste.
- 1 x tbsp. ginger and garlic paste.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 x green pepper, deseeded and copped.
- Heat some oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and sauté till transparent.
- Add the salt and ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well and add the masala’s, jeera powder, dhania powder, turmeric powder
- Mix so that the spices are mixed well.
- Add about a cup of water and the tomatoe paste.
- Mix and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the chops, cover and allow to cook till the meat is almost tender.
- Add the chopped green peppers and cover again and let cook till the meat is nice and tender.
- You can add more water as the food cooks so that there is a nice juicy gravy.
- When the meat is nice and tender, remove from the heat, sprinkle the garam masala over the top.
- Garnish with coriander .