I love Christmas just as much as I love Diwali.
Actually I might just like Christmas a bit more, because of all the presents lol…just kidding.
This year I am in charge of Christmas lunch, it is going to be a full house and even my uncle is popping around in the evening.
In order to get everyone in the Christmas spirit, I am busy baking Christmas treats, at least one treat a day. Combined with the actually planning of Christmas lunch, there just is no time to sit back and have eggnog.
Today, I saw a video on Facebook how they could turn a plain cupcake and a plain ice cream cone, into a delicious funky Christmas treat.
- 12 x ice cream cones, dipped in melted candy melts.
- 12 x cupcakes.
- Plain butter cream icing.
- Green food colouring.
- Icing sugar and green glitter for decorations.
- Melt the candy melts over a pot of boiling water.
- Add about ¼ x cup milk to the chocolate, to create a smooth paste.
- Dip each cone, all the way to the top in the candy melt mixture.
- Shake off the excess and place standing up on a baking tray.
- Allow the chocolate to set, roughly 30 minutes.
- Taking some plain butter cream icing, ice the top of the cupcake.
- Stick a cone ontop of the icing.
- Then using the left over buttercream icing, add some food colouring to make it a green colour.
- Using a piping bag, fitted with a 3 star tip, pipe up and down the cone, till the entire cone is covered.
- Sprinkle icing sugar and green glitter over the cone.
- Pop into the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the icing to set.