I am a coffee addict… I love anything with coffee in and when I came across this coffee cake, I knew it was meant to be… it had my name written all over it.
It has just the right amount of caffeine kick and for a deliciously sinful combination just add a cup of coffee, sit back, kick up your feet and RELAX.
- 200g x soft margarine.
- 200g x castor sugar.
- 4 x eggs.
- 1 x tbsp. coffee dissolved in 3 x tbsp. boiling water.
- 250g x self-raising flour.
- Mix the margarine and sugar in a bowl till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix between each egg.
- Add the coffee and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix till everything is well combined.
- Pour the cake into your greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Once cool ice.
Ingredients for coffee icing:
- 225g x icing sugar.
- 100g x maragine.
- 1 ½ x tsp coffee dissolved in 1 x tbsp. boiling water.
Mix everything till well combined and the evenly spread over the cake