During the week, when I am for ever lasting forgetting to set my alarm clock to wake up, I make speedy scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Come weekends, I love to make hearty wholesome breakfasts of course most Saturdays my dad has zero patience for me and my slow cooking so I tend to make dishes that the main components I can prepare the night before and in the morning just throw everything together.
I came across this recipe in Annabel Langbein’s cookbook and have been dying to try it out for ages, but I keep forgetting to buy chorizo sausages or when I do buy it, I land up frying slices and eating them without anyone watching.
My dad loved this breakfast, I loved this breakfast and although my mother does not eat meat, but she said it looked and smelt mouth watering.
- 4 x potatoes, boiled and cubed.
- ¼ x cup oil.
- 1 x onion, cut into wedges.
- 225g x chorizo sausage, sliced.
- 2 x tsp fresh thyme.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 x tbsp. coriander, chopped.
- 1 x red chilli, thinly sliced.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and saute till soft.
- Add the chorizo and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and onion from the pan and drain on kitchen towel.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and cook till crispy all round
- Add the onions and sausages back to the pan.
- Season well and mix.
- Garnish with chilli and coriander.