My mother loves these muffins, me on the other hand am not a fan of dates.
But when she does ask me to make these, I normally do or at if I do make these I tend to leave the dates out on purpose.
- 2 x cups All Bran flakes.
- 2 x cups milk.
- 1 ½ x cups, sifted cake flour.
- 1 x cup brown treacle sugar.
- 1 ½ x cup chopped dates.
- 1 ½ x mashed bruised bananas.
- 2 x tsp cinnamon powder.
- 1 ½ x tsp mixed spice powder.
- 2 x tsp banana essence.
- 2 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- ¼ x tsp salt.
- ¼ x cup cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, add the sifted cake flour, sugar, salt and spices and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, banana essence and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add the all bran flakes and mix well.
- Add the chopped dates and mashed banana and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix well, until there is no visible layer of oil left on the top of the mixture.
- Using a mechanical ice cream scoop, scoop one scoop of the mixture into muffin casings.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.