The original plan behind a sausage based dish was to make curried sausages but then I found out that I had forgotten to buy the spinach then I had to change tactics and make the recipe on the following page.
I was not really keen on this dish as it seemed like there was a lot of onions but I was extremely surprised when this dish was complete it was delicious and served on a bed of mashed potatoes…mmm… yummy.
My dad loved this dish, which was surprising because he was complaining about the name of the dish when I was mentioning it.
I came across this recipe in Annabel Langbein’s recipe book.
- 6 x sausages, boiled in water till cooked.
- 2 x tbsp. olive oil.
- 2 x onions, thinly sliced.
- 2 x cups beef stock.
- 2 x tbsp. Worcestershire sauce.
- 2 x tbsp. tomatoe paste.
- 2 x tbsp. Mrs Balls chutney
- 2 x tbps Dijon mustard
- 2 x tbsp. brown sugar.
- 2 x tsp fresh thyme.
- ¼ x tsp cayenne pepper.
Salt and pepper to season.
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add the onions and cook till they start to go brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the sausages and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausages and simmer on a low heat for a further 10 minutes.