This is one of my all times favourites. Especially when I find out that I have left over bruised bananas that know one to eats and are just sitting on the counter waiting to be thrown out.
Perfect reason to make banana bread and the aroma this loaf lets off while it bakes is soo mouth watering.
Add the amazing part is that its EGGLESS!!!!
- 125g x rama margarine.
- ¾ x cup brown sugar.
- 3 x bananas, mashed.
- 1 x tsp white wine vinegar.
- 1 x tsp bicarbonate of soda.
- ¼ x cup hot milk.
- 2 x cups self raising flour.
- Cream the sugar and the margarine together, till soft and fluffy.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- In a cup mix the hot milk and bicarbonate of soda and stir till it doubles in volume and becomes frothy.
- Add the milk mixture to the banana mixture.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Add the sifted cake flour and mix well.
- The batter will become thick.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 – 45 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.