I came across this recipe on Mela’s website well the link was there and I clicked on it and hey presto I had the recipe for this cake.
I was really stoked to try it out. I have never in my life had a coke cake.
The cake was delicious and I decorated it with white fondant bows.
- 200grams x margarine
- 45ml x sugar
- 2 cans x condensed milk
- 60ml x cold water
- 450g x cake flour
- 20ml x baking powder
- 10ml x bicarbonate of soda
- 75ml x cocoa powder
- 500 ml coke, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease and line 3x 20cm round cake tins.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour the condensed milk into the creamed mixture
- and the 60ml cold water.
- Pour the water into the mixing bowl and continue beating.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and add this to the creamed condensed milk mixture.
- Continue beating and then add the coca cola to the mixture.
- Beat until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tins and bake for 40 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the tin – a skewer should come out clean when they cake is tested.
- Leave the cakes to stand for a few minutes and then turn them out onto a wire rack.
- Leave to cool.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 200g margarine
- 400g sifted Spar icing sugar
- 90g cocoa powder
- 2 x 230g tubs cream cheese
- 60ml fresh cream
- Cream the butter until light in colour and gradually add the icing sugar.
- Sift the cocoa into the creamed butter and continue beating.
- Add the cream cheese and cream the mixture until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the fresh cream into the frosting and beat for a few seconds until light and fluffy.