This is just up my street. I love love loveee doughnuts and guess what the recipe is eggless.
My mum gave me this recipe to try out. She came across it on someone’s Facebook wall and I knew that I just had to try it out.
I tweaked the ingredients a little here and a little there.
Seriously why should all the meat eaters have all the delicious sweet things?
This recipes make about 40 doughnuts
- 4 x cups self-raising flour
- 125g x rama margarine
- 1 x cup castor sugar.
- 1 & 1/2 cups x amazi – add a little at a time you might require a little more or a little less
- Oil for deep frying
- Place the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the amazi and make soft dough.
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat the oil.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out rings with a doughnut cutter.
- Or use a round cookie cutter or even a glass and use a smaller cookie cutter for the holes.
- Fry the doughnut rings until golden, drain on absorbent paper.
Dip or roll the doughnuts in desired topping on one side only.
- Mix one part cinnamon powder to three parts of sugar.
- Mix a quarter cup of icing with a couple of drops of water, add food colouring.
- Dip the doughnut into the icing mixture and sprinkle with hundreds of thousands or chocolate sprinkles.
- Top with melted chocolate or chocolate spread.