I have grown up eating hamburger rolls every other day.
It is the side effect of having a parent that works with bread, thank goodness I am not on a gluten, carb free, bread free diet, that would have been disastrous.
Since I have my own bread machine, I try to stay away from store bought bread products, which also includes roll.
For Saturday’s lunch I really wanted to try out my new hamburgers that I have purchased from Pink Piggy lifestyle. I tend to buy all my vegan products from Pink Piggy.
Anyway as I was saying, I really wanted to make hamburgers for lunch, but as usual my dad forgot to buy rolls, he bought hotdog rolls, seems we had a bit of miscommunication along the lines…. Men I tell you, but anyway there was no way I was driving to the store just to buy hamburger rolls, so I took a gamble and decided to make my own homemade burger rolls.
Let me just tell you something, burger rolls has never been so easy to make thanks to my machine, I just put everything in, press the timer and the start button and it does all the hard work, no more kneading and praying to God my buns rise, nope, that is all a thing of the past now.
When the time goes off, I just shape my dough and pop it into the oven and let it bake. No fuss and so simple.
I had fresh homemade burger buns in under 2 hours.
- 500g x cake flour.
- 1 ¼ x cup plue ½ x tbsp. luke warm milk.
- 40g x room temperature margarines.
- 1 ½ x tbsp. white sugar.
- 1 x tsp yeast.
- 1 ½ x tsp salt.
- ½ x tsp honey.
Method – if not using a bread machine.
- Mix everything to together in a bowl, give it a good mix with a spoon till the mixture starts to come together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead till nice and smooth and elastic.
- Cover and allow to rise for 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Shape your dough accordingly.
- Brush the tops with water and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.