When I first read the name of this recipe, I just turned over the page and carried on looking for something. Then I went back to the recipe and actually read through everything and do not let the name deceive you.
It is such a super easy recipe, that you can make it with your eyes closed.
This breakfast is just up my dad’s street, because the egg can’t be over fried and he hates crispy bottom eggs, he would rather eat around the crispy part than just eat the egg like a normal human being.
I came across this recipe in Meera Sodha’s latest cookbook and I loved it. This is my new go to breakfast when I am short on time.
All in all, the melted cheese over the mustard creates a nice zing to the egg and the chopped spring onion, perfect a deliciously crunchie addition.
- 2 x slices of toast, toasted
- Dijon mustard.
- 1 x spring onion, thinly sliced.
- ½ x cup grated mature cheddar cheese.
- 1 x tbsp. butter.
- 2 x eggs.
- Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter in the pan.
- Crack the egg into the pan and fry till the whites are set, but the yolk is stilly runny.
To assemble :
- Spread the mustard over the toast.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top, pop into the microwave to nuke until the cheese has melted.
- Place the egg ontop of the melted cheese.
- Season and top with the sliced spring onion.