I didn’t even know such a cake was even around until I was Rev Run’s Sunday Lunch and Justine Simmons was making this cake for dessert.
It looked so delicious and she made it seem so easy to make which I knew I just had to try it and boy oh boy did I.
- 2 x round chocolate cake.
- 1 x can condense milk.
- 4 x egg yolks.
- 113g x margarine.
- 2 x cups desiccated coconut… but if you love coconut you can use more.
- 2 x tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 x cup pecan nuts roughly chopped.
- A cup of ganache for decorative purposes.
- Blanched almonds also for decorative purposes.
- Prepare the chocolate cake and allow to cool.
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the eggs and the condense milk.
- Add the margarine and cook over a medium heat until the mixture becomes thick.
- Stir it while it cooks, otherwise it will burn and stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from the stove top and add the coconut, vanilla essence and pecan nuts.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- To put this cake together, place the first layer of the cake onto a plate.
- Evenly spread the filling over the layer.
- Place the second layer of cake ontop of the filling.
- Spread the remaining filling over the top of the cake.
- Pour the ganache over the top , using a off set spatula spread all over the top of the cake and allow some to drip over the sides.
- Sprinkled chopped up blanched almonds over the top.