As you all should know by now, that come meal time in my house you can bet your last dollar there is going to be a raita on the table.
I was all for the cucumber raita, but then I discovered an world of raitas where the combinations are endless and I just can’t help myself.
There are endless possibilities, some with names and ingredients that in another life time I would never have dared tried, but since I do have a cooking blog, and life is short, I am trying all the raitas all the way from A to Z and everything in between.
I just loved this raita, I thought that it would be overly gingerly and I would walk around with funky smelling breath, but nope there is just a hint of ginger and it does not over power the dish.
- 3 x tbsp. desiccated coconut.
- 1 x piece of ginger, grated.
- 1 x fresh green chilli, finely chopped.
- ½ x tsp cumin seeds.
- ½ x cup plain yoghurt.
- 1 x tsp sugar.
- Blitz together the coconut, ginger, chilli, cumin seeds and enough water to cover the your ingredients.
- Blitz till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and mix in the yoghurt.
- Season with sugar and salt