When my birthday came around, the one and only resolution I put into place was that I would get up early every morning, make a homemade breakfast for myself and actually eat it sitting down.
How do you think that is going???
Well its been a week since I set that resolution and I have managed to eat 5 breakfasts, 3 sitting down and 2 while driving in rush hour traffic, because someone was hogging the shower and I mean I can’t put myself together in 10 minutes.
I came across this recipe in Meghan Markles cookbook and it seemed pretty easy enough to make and I could prep most of the ingredients the night before, which is just up my street.
The verdict, I loved it, my dad loved it and it was quick to make and tasted so light and fluffy and extremely delicious especially with a nice warm and toasty slice of toast to go with it.
- 5 x tbsp. butter.
- 200g x button mushrooms, sliced and fried.
- 3 x eggs.
- 4 x tbsp. cream.
- 20g x chives, chopped.
- 20g x parsley, chopped.
- 150g x mature cheddar cheese, grated.
Salt and pepper to season.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, chives and parsley.
- Season well.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook for a couple of seconds, allow the bottom of the eggs to start setting.
- Add in the mushrooms and grated cheese and allow to cook till there is no runny egg mixture.
- Flip the one side of the egg over the other and cook for a few more seconds, before turning out onto a plate.
One thought on “Green omelette”