I have recently discovered that you can cook an entire meal at one go on a baking tray and there is minimal washing up to do, no pots and pans, just one baking tray and you are done.
I was reading Jamie Oliver’s 5 ingredient cook book and I saw a recipe that he had made the other night on tv, which looked so delicious and he made it seem super easy on the show.
For Saturday lunch I had no idea what to make, seeing as I left making lunch for the last minute and then I was stressing because I had no idea what to make and then I remembered that I had this recipe, so I thought why not make it.
- 6 x piece braai pack, washed and excess fat trimmed off.
- 200ml x Harissa sauce ( I found this at Woolworths).
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 2 x red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 4 x colourful mixed peppers, seeded and cut into quarters.
- Grease your baking tray with a little cooking oil.
- Evenly spread the onions and peppers along the bottom of the tray and set aside.
- Score the top of each piece of chicken and set aside.
- In a bowl, season your chicken pieces and then pour in the harissa sauce, toss the chicken so that the sauce coats everything and make sure to rub into the score marks.
- Place the chicken pieces ontop of the peppers and onions.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake a 180 degrees for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.