This project was by far the easiest thing I have made using cupcakes.
Yes I know it looks daunting and scary and you think you have to be this super baker with amazing decorating skills but you don’t
The only thing I found a little difficult was the last layer of cupcakes. I was scared the icing would drop off the cupcakes.
You will need the follow:
- a flower pot.
- 3 dozen mini cupcakes.
- Butter cream icing dyed to the colour you would like.
- Big silver balls.
- Mini bees for decorative purposes.
- a medium sized Styrofoam ball.
- green mesh paper.
- Securely place your styrofoam ball into your flower pot.
- Using toothpicks, stick half into the ball and then place your cupcake on the part that is sticking out.
- Do this all the way around the ball until there are no cupcakes or big spaces left on the ball.
- Place your icing into a piping bag with a 3 star nozzle attached.
- Pip each cupcake working from the top down.
- Place a silver ball in the center of each flower that you have piped
- Now in the gaps between the cupcakes, take your green mesh paper and cut it into squares and fold it in the center of each square and tuck it gently in the gaps that are visible.
- Take your bees and place them at random on your flower.
- Pop it into the fridge to set for 30 minutes and then tuck into the cupcakes before the bees do .