I have always wanted to make a heart shaped cake, but I was under the impression that I needed a heart shaped cake pan.
But then I came across a video that showed me how to make a heart cake with a square cake and a round cake and just like that presto we have a heart shaped cake.
You will need the following:
- 1 x square cake.
- 1 x round cake.
- Red icing.
To assemble this cake:
- Cut the circle cake in half and place on the sides of the square cake.
- Ice between the square and circle cake to keep the cake together.
- Ice the entire cake with a crumb coat.
- Pop into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and put icing in a pipping bag and ice to your hearts content.