There was no set recipe on how to make this cake. I just woke up Easter Sunday and let my imagination run wild and then end product was amazing.
To make this cake you will need the following:
- 2 x round 20cm chocolate cakes.
- home made chocolate butter cream icing.
- marshmellow eggs.
- speckled eggs.
- chocolate vermicelli
Assemble this cake as follows:
- Spread a little icing on your plate and place the first layer of your cake down.
- Generously spread some chocolate over the top of the layer.
- Smash some speckled eggs and sprinkle over the icing.
- Ice the second layer and place it icing side down ontop of your crushed speckled eggs.
- Ice the top of the entire cake and all around the cake with as much or as little icing as your like.
- spread icing behind each marshmellow egg and place it around the side of the cake.
- sprinkle chocolate vermicelli around the top edge of the top layer of the cake, all the way around.
- Crush some more speckled eggs and sprinkle over the top.
- If you have left over marshmellow eggs, cut them up and also sprinkle them over the top.
- Take some whole speckled eggs and place them randomly ontop of the vermicelli and around the cake.
- Pop into the fridge to chill for 10 minutes before serving.