I love key lime pie.
The tangy taste of the limes with the sweetness of the condense milk is just a perfect combination.
This is best enjoyed with a nice cup of coffee and a good book.
- 100g x rama margarine, melted.
- 1 x 200g packet tennis biscuits, crushed.
- ½ x cup lime juice.
- 5 x egg yolks, beaten.
- 1 x can condense milk.
- A drop of green food colouring
- Prepare the base by mixing the melted margarine with the tennis biscuits and evenly spread over the bottom of a greased pie dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, food colouring, condense milk and lime juice together, till everything is well combined.
- Pour this mixture over the base and pop into a preheated and bake at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or until the mixture becomes stiff and the cake test comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before piping whipped cream around the edges of the pie.
- This is optional, but I like to grate lime zest over the top for decorative purposes before serving.