I love eating a light salad, especially with Sunday roast.
My mother always wants a salad or at least a side dish to go with a meal she eats. Most of the times she eats the salad and forgets about the rest of her meal.
My dad asks me straight out, does he look like a salad kind of guy, whenever I ask him if he wants a salad to go with his meal.
My mother likes simple salads that consists of lettuce, cucumber and avocado with a light salad dressing, so when I came across this recipe in Meera Sodha’s recipe book, I knew I just had to try it out.
I was a bit put off when I read the word curds in the name but when I read through the ingredients all the curds was cream cheese, no complicated stressful ingredient that would require to rack my brains as to how I was going to get my hands on some.
The verdict, my dad didn’t go near it. I loved it and well my mother, considering that she loves everything nuts it, she didn’t like it that much.
She ate the salad but left the nuts out, apparently she only likes nuts in her cakes and not her food… how was I supposed to know this? Complicated much???
- 1 x tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 x green chilli, chopped and crushed.
- 3 x tbsp. grapeseed oil.
- 2 x tbsp. lemon juice.
- ¼ x tsp cumin powder.
- ¼ x tsp salt.
- ¼ x tsp black pepper.
- 20g x coriander, roughly chopped.
- 20g x mint roughly chopped.
- 20g x dill, roughly chopped.
- 20g x lettuce leaves, roughly chopped.
- 50g x walnuts, roughly chopped.
- 80g x cream cheese, cubed.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the ginger garlic paste, crushed green chilli, oil, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the salad dressing and toss gently to mix before serving.