I love making no bake desserts, there are quick to make, super easy and guess what they do not require you to use the oven, which is perfect especially on those hot summer days.
I recently managed to get my hands on the Food52 cookbook, I just happened to see a copy in the local Woolworths and I closed my eyes and just bought it. Thank goodness my mother was not with me, she would have blown a gasket had she had seen the price.
I came across this recipe in that book and the picture attached to it looked so appetising.
No baking was required and the method was super easy only a few store bought ingredients, some elbow grease whisking and popping into the fridge to set over night and come Sunday dessert was set which meant that I could sleep in a few extra minutes.
All in all, everyone loved this treat, even my mother she could not get enough of it.
- 1 x can condense milk.
- 2 x cups whipping cream.
- Zest of 2 limes.
- ½ x cup freshly squeezed lime juice.
- 1 x packet tennis biscuits.
- In a bowl, mix together the condense milk, cream and lime juice.
- Whisk till the mixture starts to thicken.
- Fold in the lime zest.
- In a dish, place a layer of tennis biscuits on the bottom, evenly spread the cream mixture over the biscuits.
- Add a another layer of biscuits and more of the cream mixture.
- Repeat this process till all the cream mixture has been used.
- Garnish with some grated lime zest.
- Pop into the fridge and allow to set overnight.