- 1 x onion sliced.
- 2 x cups boiled elbow macaroni.
- 1 x grated tomatoe.
- 1tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- 1 x tsp thyme.
- ¼ x tsp cooking oil
Ingredients for the white sauce:
- 1 x tbsp. cake flour.
- 125g x margarine.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 x tbsp. cooking oil
- Make the white sauce and set aside.
- In a pot, sauté the onions till translucent.
- Add the tomatoe, the ginger and garlic, the oil, thyme and the salt and pepper.
- Mix well and allow to cook till the mixture starts to bubble.
- Add the macaroni and mix so that the macaroni is covered with the sauce.
- Grease a casserole dish and spread some white sauce on the bottom, then a layer of macaroni and another layer of white sauce and continue till the end.
- Before you pop it into the over, cover the top with grated gouda cheese.
- Pop into a preheated oven at 180 degrees and bake till the cheese starts to bubbly and becomes golden brown.