Since discovering that I can make omelette fillings the night before popping them over night in the fridge till the morning, so that I can quickly make the omelette and fill it in under 10 minutes is just up my street
Of course I am used to making plain omelettes or cheese omelettes but there are so many omelette filling out there that I would love to try out but seeing as most mornings I do not have time to make the filling and allow to cool completely before making the omelette, I just make the same old cheese fillings.
Now that I can make the filling beforehand, there is no limiting what I can make for breakfast.
Of course now the only problem is the flipping of the eggs.
- 2 x tbsp. olive oil.
- 1 x onion, finely chopped.
- 1 x garlic clove, crushed.
- 1 x green pepper, finely chopped.
- 2 x tomatoes, finely chopped.
- 125g x mushrooms, sliced.
- ¼ x tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Few dashes tabasco sauce.
- Salt and pepper to season.
- 6 x eggs
- 2 x tbsp. butter
- Parsley finely chopped to garnish
- Whisk together the eggs with a little milk.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add the onions, garlic and peppers to the pan.
- Saute till the peppers are soft.
- Add in the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook till all the water has been evaporated.
- Add in Worcester sauce and tabasco.
- Cook for 5 minutes and give it a good stir.
- Remove from the heat and allow the filling to cool.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Pour in the egg mixture and allow to cook till the egg starts to firm up.
- Add the filling and using the empty half of the egg, flip it over to cover the filling.
- Fry both sides till done to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and serve