I might be closer to 31 than 3, but whenever I see anything Mickey mouse or Minnie Mouse related, you can rest assured I will be interested.
I tried to buy a Mickey Mouse Le Creuset pot, but my mother took one look at me and said how old are you? And then when I tried to sulk she said straight no… so much for that. I tried asking my dad and he said oh yes he saw the same bot for R99.00 at the Pakistani shop in town… and then he laughed… soo not funny.
I was paging through my Disney cookbook, when I came across this recipe for tea time scones. Super easy, so little ingredients and it was eggless so this would be a straight forward recipe no substituting this for that and so forth.
I am assuming that since this is a kiddies book the sizes are kid size as well. I only manged to get 6 adult sized scones out of this batch. Which meant that everyone had one before bed and the following day tea time, everyone was looking at me and demanding answers.
The original plan was to serve this with whipped cream and strawberry jam, but I woke up at 4am and only left work at 7pm so that was a long time for one person to be up, and there was no way in hell I was going to stand and whip cream. I could fall asleep with the beater on. Grated cheese would just have to do.
Ohh the moans and groans and sighs when the family discovered that there would be no cream. Too hilarious I tell you.
- 250g x cake flour.
- 40g x butter, at room temperature.
- 150ml x milk.
- 1 x tbsp. brown sugar.
- 2 ½ x tsp baking powder.
- In a bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using your fingers, rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the milk and using a spoon, mix the dough till it comes together.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead roughly till the mixtures is in one balls.
- Using your hands, flatten out the dough.
- Cut out rounds, using a circle cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Pop into a preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes or till the tops of the scones are nice and lightly golden brown.