This is one of those dishes that my mum came up for my granddad and my father. I remember eating this dish once many many mannnyyy moons ago.
So learning to make this dish with my mum was really fun and delicious.
- 2 x cups cooked macaroni, chopped into pieces.
- 500g x mutton cut into cubes.
- 1 x tsp Bombay masala.
- 1 x tsp Chowman’s masala.
- 1 x tsp special mix masala.
- ½ x tsp jeera powder.
- ½ x tsp dhania powder.
- ¼ x tsp turmeric powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 x onion, chopped.
- 1 x tsp ginger and garlic paste.
- 1 x tsbp tomatoe paste.
- In a pot, heat some oil on a low heat.
- Add the onions and saute till transparent.
- Add the salt and ginger and garlic paste, mix well.
- Add the spices, tomatoe paste and a cup of water.
- Mix and allow the mixture to start to boil.
- Add the mutton pieces, cover and allow to cook till the meat is soft.
- You can add more water to prevent the meat from sticking.
- When the meat is soft, add the chopped macaroni and mix well so that the gravy coats the macaroni.
- Cook on a low heat till all the gravy has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy.