This is the first recipe that started my culinary adventure.
I was watching Lorraine Pascales cooking show and I saw her making this, I knew I just had to try it.
So the next day I went out and bought one of Lorraine’s cookbooks and I tried this recipe and I loved it.
- 2 x packets, crushed tennis biscuits.
- 200g x melted margarine.
- 4 x 125g tubs of cream cheese.
- Icing sugar to taste.
- 500g x milk chocolate.
- 1 x tbsp. cooking oil.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted margarine till well combined.
- Grease a spring form tin and gently press the biscuit mixture on the bottom of the tin, nice and firmly. Set aside in the meantime.
- In a bowl mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together and set aside.
- Melt 400g of the dark chocolate.
- Add a little bit of cream cheese mixture to the chocolate mixture at a time.
- Mix well until everything is well combined.
- Once the mixture is well combined pour it over the biscuit base and press down so that all the air bubbles are removed.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the other 100g of milk chocolate.
- Once melted add the cooking oil and set aside.
- After the 20 minutes remove the cake from the fridge and pour the melted chocolate over, I added chocolate sprinkles over mine before I popped it back into the fridge to set overnight.